This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to use the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
Hello peeps! If you have been following this blog for more than a few months now, you will know that I really love the color scheme that includes black, white and bright red. I hadn’t created one in a while; so, I decided late in the day Saturday to create another black, white and red freebie, this time with a few vintage images.
This is the third set in my “Whimsical” black and white journaling cards & journaling elements series. Some elements were redone with either smaller sizes, new fonts or different shapes. I really love the contrast and versatility of these journaling cards and elements.
In addition, I released/designed two other similar black, white and red color scheme journaling elements which also included chalkboard textures. You can find the links to these below as well. And that pretty much includes the round-up of all the black, white and red themed journaling elements I have designed to date.
Thanks to The Graphics Fairy for all the vintage images she makes available for creative use. Of course, I had to add bright red hearts…the heart image expresses what most people feel about their precious memories!
As for the details about today’s freebie, there are 18 elements in all. You have four journaling cards (3″ x 4″) and a few more labels, tags and elements as well. As always, they can either be used for journaling in your project life projects, smashbooks, art journals or other types of memory keeping. Someone requested that I design 4″ x 6″ titling cards, and I am working on a potential layout. As for today’s elements, hope you like them. 🙂
Facts about the freebie:
- This free printable has 18 elements on an 8 1/2″ by 11″ pdf file.
- The file size is less than 1MB.
- These elements were created at 300 dpi, so your printing results should be very clear and sharp with a smooth lay down of the ink color. The preview pictures both on the blog and on Google are at 72 dpi, so you often can not see all the detail accurately or colors are often distorted.
- Color scheme: black, white, bright red
How to Use this “Journaling Cards” Printable:
There are a few ways you can use this printable to create your journaling cards and elements and I have included a few in the following instructions:
- The easiest way to use this printable is to print it out on a full sheet of white cardstock and if you own a Silhouette Cameo or Silhouette Portrait or other digital cutter you can cut out the journaling cards and journaling elements using their designer software. ( **Please note: You must have the Silhouette Designer Edition software upgrade to open pdfs in your Silhouette. There are several pdf to jpg converters online if your software just can’t open a pdf. You will have to spend some time creating the cutlines for the silhouette but this should make creating the cutfile and cutting it out a lot easier.)
- The most labor intensive (or time consuming) way is to print out the journaling cards or journaling elements on 65 lb. white cardstock and “fussy cut” out by hand, I have spaced the elements so that you can use a pair of good craft scissors or a slide paper trimmer to get a clean cut and handle the fussy cutting.
Thank you for all your Pinterest and other social media pins…
I’d like to say thanks to all those taking the time to comment, I sure appreciate the gracious “thank yous” and the legitimate “link love”. I have been nearly overwhelmed with the positive response from blog followers and blog visitors.
Thank you for your pins on Pinterest as well as Facebook links. I also appreciate mentions in your blogs with appropriate link backs and active links. Many of you have been kind enough to feature some of my designs on your blogs and that has contributed to the increased traffic.
I hope you don’t mind when I check out your Pinterest boards, and repin some of your pins to some of my Pinterest boards, these pins usually provide inspiration for new designs of my own! You guys and gals often find things I don’t often run into and it just serves to expand and generate new ideas.
As usual these freebies are free for personal use, (check my TOU if you haven’t previously.) If you have been here before, you know the drill. If not, you might want to read the quick TOU below before you access the printable.
* Vintage Glam Studio printables (formerly under the name Vintage Glam Collectibles) are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. (I own the domains for both names and will be dedicating this blog to more design related articles and printables. Don’t be concerned if you have posted it under the previous name, my traffic boost is contributing to the name change.)
*You may not re-sell, redistribute, or claim the original or derivative designs as your own.
*Please do not remove the watermark or modify the design in any way other than for your own Personal use.
*If you post this on the internet, please give credit to Vintage Glam Studio & link back to my blog, so others can obtain the resources. Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook are great social media sharing platforms, it’s the sharing without a link back that can be a problem.
You can access the pdf file here>>>> Whimsical III Journaling Elements. Or if you like, click on the picture below for the download.
Vintage images were made available by The Graphics Fairy. Washi Tape courtesy of Pugley Pixel.
You May Like: (Also in the same series with a similar color theme)
Free Printable Download – Whimsical Journaling Cards
Free Printable Download – Whimsical II Project Life Journaling Cards
Free Printable Download – Speedway Project Life Journaling Cards
merci pour ce partage ! j’adore vos cartes de journaling et j’ai partagé le lien du blog sur un forum français.
Dru Cortez says
You are so welcome. I am glad you love my designs. I sure do appreciate the warm compliments in any language! 🙂
I love the black and white also. It can go with any scrap project!!