This post may contain affiliate links. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
Hello planner fans! Today’s checklist planner stickers printable is inspired by a request made by a male planner on a previous blog post. When checking the Google analytics for my blog, and evaluating my traffic, I realized a good ten percent of my followers and blog visitors are men. So, welcome “planner guys”.
So, for today this printable is geared for you guys but the colors of the planner stickers are neutral, so anyone can use them.
I come from a family with three brothers (sadly, originally five) two have passed away, one when he was young and the other a year ago. I have three sisters, but right now, I’m talking about the guys. Growing up, when they were in college, they were always keeping schedules and plans of some kind on much plainer notebooks then are available today. To this day, professionally, they write down their daily plans in some form as well as use daily scheduling software.
As a matter of fact, my brother, who graduated with an architectural design degree from USC, has the most beautiful penmanship! I ‘d love to design a font out of his writing! It’s partially due to him , I am such a pen and pencil junkie! My other brother, a Real Estate broker, writes his plans daily in his ringbound planner and his secretary or adminstrative assistant ( lucky guy) manages his schedule.
My eldest brother is a pediatric dentist, and he has a whole staff managing his schedule and appointments. Even his baby sister, that’s me, needs to check with the front office to meet with him, if I should want to drop by his office. I could go on with the men in my family and their careers but I think you get my point. Yes, there is a mini Chamber of Commerce in our large extended family alone! Family parties are very interesting as long as we stay away from politics.
I shared this personal story to provide context for the need, men might have to plan their schedules and daily activities and how they might repurpose the Classic Happy Planner to suit their tastes.
I have provided two sets of neutral planner stickers, one for the Classic Happy Planner and one for the Erin Condren planner. Erin Condren has a neutral line of planners on her website.
I thought perhaps a guy can set it up for various appointments or take the three rows of the layout and divide it into personal, work and study activities. I also included some jpg files, with a slightly vintage or retro design , for the Happy Planner Cover.
Just in case, you want to change the cover on the Happy planner you purchased. You can refer to my article on DIY Summer Interchangeable Planner Covers for more information on how that’s done.
Time Management Book
If you would like to read a little more in-depth into time management principles, you might want to read Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen on Kindle or paperback. This book is a comprehensive resource to discovering how to manage your time and tasks for folks at all walks of life and careers.
Where to Get Supplies:
As mentioned above about the plain notebooks, my brothers used to get their supplies at the on-campus bookstore at the local community college. Now, there are so many online stores to start gathering your notebooks, pens and supplies together.
- Michael’s, if you want to grab a Classic Happy planner and repurpose it. They also sell the discs. Me and my Big Ideas, the manufacturer of the Happy Planner has expanded their interior layouts to weekly, timeline(lined vertical layout), Memory Keeper and dashboard views. They come in different sizes; Big, Classic, Mini and Skinny. If you are in a service business (i.e. , pool cleaning, landscaping, etc.) a mixture of the Classic Layout with the basic layout might work best for you. You can combine appointments with goals for the day in one planner. I think this planner is a better solution than the wirebound dated appointment planners you can buy at an office supply store. These types of planners have appointment times for each day but no where else to write personal and other types of notes on the page.
- Amazon, for another quick all purpose general online store providing you different options from a variety of manufacturers. You can get three different kinds of popular discbound planners the ARC system by Staples, TUL by Office Depot and CIRCA by Levenger. They vary by price with Circa by Levenger at the higher price point with their luxurious copper discs and pebble leather covers. They come in two sizes, Junior has interior pages at 5.5″ x 8.5″ and Letter with 8.5″ x 11″. These are all discbound systems which people love for their flexibility. Their notebook inserts usually are basic notepaper inserts, so you might prefer the interior calendar layout of the Classic Happy Planner. The only caveat for each system is whether the punch you buy for one type of planner might not work for another brand.
- Jetpens for specialty pens, pencils and office supplies.
- Levenger for specialized Circa (discbound) planners and the pricier but heavy duty arc punch.
- Staples (local office supply store) and Office Depot also carry discbound planners, as mentioned above..
- If you are interested in a business discbound planner with prewritten goals, you might like The Perfect Notebook.
Types of Planners
Although this blog post is all about repurposing the Classic Happy Planner , there are other types of planners, that might be more suitable for active lifestyles, for example:
- Passion planner, which seems suitable for high school and College Students with a neutral layout (black) and time blocks at about every hour.
- Mokeskin Planners, which you can get at Target or a local office supply store
- Traveler’s Journal, which have calendar and schedule inserts to be used for journaling or tracking tasks and are originally bound in leather . Suitable for journaling one’s travels and appointments with it’s calendar inserts.
The following image is an example of these types of planners (a mokeskin is shown) and how a fella might pack his backpack or carryall to carry all those needed pens, pencils and tech.
Info about the Classic Happy Planner
Me and my Big Ideas, the manufacturer of the Happy Planner has expanded their interior layouts to weekly, timeline, Memory Keeper and dashboard views. They come in different sizes; Big, Classic, Mini and Skinny.
These planner stickers are specifically designed for fans of the “Classic” MAMBI Happy Planner (vertical layout) or similar Week At A Glance Planners or other vertical weekly planners.
The functional checklist planner stickers, especially the full box stickers, are sized to fit within the vertical columns and boxes specifically for the Classic Happy Planner. Keep in mind that the full boxes are now sized at approximately 2.5″ by 1.5″ .
They are almost 1/2″ taller than your vertical boxes for the Erin Condren Planner (1.9″). Sometimes the designs can not be scaled down for your Erin Condren, so expect some distortion to occur. However, you are free to mix and match as you are inspired.
Here’s the color theme used for these planner stickers…
You Might Like
The following are planner stickers made with similar themes…
Find me on Pinterest
Also, if you are new to this site, I wanted to let you know that I have a board on Pinterest that you might want to follow that has several pins (ideas) by other planner designers, stationery, home office decor, office supplies and planner freebies pins that are mostly planner related. You can view that board and/or follow here, Home Office | Planners & Stationery Favs.
There are 95+ planner stickers or elements total in today’s release. As always, these stickers and elements can either be used for journaling in your project life projects, smashbooks, art journals or other types of memory keeping and papercrafting but these were made specifically for you Happy Planner and Erin Condren fans.
How to Use this “Planner Stickers” Printable:
There are several ways you can use this printable to create your stickers and I have included a few in the following instructions:
1) The easiest way to use this printout is to print it out on a full sheet of white sticker paper and if you own a Silhouette Cameo or Silhouette Portrait or other digital cutter, (i.e. Cricut Explore) you can cut out the to-do lists or planner stickers using their designer software.
2) Also another method, would be to use heavy bond printer paper or you can use 65 lb. white cardstock depending on how thick you want your sticker and then place adhesive via a snail tape runner or with a Xyron sticker tool or machine.
3) The most time consuming way is to print out the planner stickers on sticker paper and “fussy cut” out by hand, I have spaced the elements so that you can use a pair of good craft scissors to get a clean cut and handle the fussy cutting. In addition, don’t forget a paper trimmer which helps with the straight cuts. You should probably use punches for the circle stickers. I try to design the circle stickers at standard punch sizes. For hand cutting, a new tool I highly recommend is the Gyro-tool. It’s rotating blade allows you to cut around curvy shapes and is especially good around script stickers.
Facts about the freebie:
*An Erin Condren set of 20 planner stickers on two 8 1/2″ by 11″ pdf file.
*A Happy Planner set of 20 planner stickers on two 8 1/2″ by 11 1/2″ pdf files
* Zip file containing Happy Planner Covers. (jpgs files)
*These elements were created at 300 dpi, so your printing results should be very clear and sharp with a smooth lay down of the ink color. The preview pictures both on the blog and on Google are at 72 dpi, so you often can not see allthe detail accurately or colors are sometimes distorted.
*Color scheme: grey, navy blue, gold & gold foil
As usual these freebies are free for personal use, (check my TOU if you haven’t previously.) If you have been here before, you know the drill. If not, you might want to read the quick TOU below before you access the printable.
Some things you should know before downloading:
* Vintage Glam Studio printables are for PERSONAL USE ONLY.
*You MAY NOT RESELL, redistribute, or claim the original or derivative (redesigned from the original) designs as your own. That includes redesigned as a free printable for distribution.
*Please do not remove the watermark or modify the design in any way other than for your own Personal use.
*If you post this on the internet, please give credit to Vintage Glam Studio & link back to my blog, so others can obtain the resources. If you use this printable on Instagram or other social media platform, tag me with #vintageglamstudio or @vintageglamstudio. Thanks!
Freebie #1 [pdf file] >>> Neutral Checklist Planner Stickers – Navy
Freebie #2 [pdf file] >>>Neutral Checklist Planner Stickers – Grey- Pge 2
Freebie #3 [pdf file] >>> Neutral Checklist Planner Stickers – Navy
Freebie #4 [pdf file] >>> Neutral Checklist Planner Stickers – Grey
Freebie #5 – Happy Planner Covers [ jpg files]
Most images in this printable are original illustrations by Vintage Glam Studio and under copyright. Other images are under commercial use license. Some illustrations from CreativeFabrica.