This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to use the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
Hello…blog followers and visitors! Happy Monday and we are already into the 8th day of December! Today, I am releasing another holiday freebie with a set of pastel journaling cards and elements for project life or other types of pocket scrapbooking. I’m loving this color theme this Christmas, but this time I added some fun penguins that I actually designed, and a few elements with a chalkboard like texture.
Many of you are planning your December Daily smashbooks or journals, so I wanted to create something that you could use for these types of projects as well as project life. I have found that pastel journaling cards are not as readily available so that’s why I am on that color theme. I have a board on Pinterest you might want to follow that has several ideas by other designers for December daily, you can view that here, DIY Crafts | December Daily & Mini Books.
Well, on to the freebie, there are 14 journaling elements in all. You have 4 journaling cards (3″ x 4″) and a few more labels, tags and word snippets. As always, these journaling cards and elements can either be used for journaling in your project life projects, smashbooks, art journals or other types of memory keeping and papercrafting.
Facts about the freebie:
- 14 journaling elements and journaling cards (4) on an 8 1/2″ by 11″ pdf file.
- File size – 2.39 MB
- These elements were created at 300 dpi, so your printing results should be very clear and sharp with a smooth lay down of the ink color. The preview pictures both on the blog and on Google are at 72 dpi, so you often can not see all the detail accurately or colors are sometimes distorted.
- Color scheme: pink, teal blue, white
How to Use this “Journaling Cards” Printable:
There are a few ways you can use this printable to create your journaling cards and elements and I have included a few in the following instructions:
- The easiest way to use this printable is to print it out on a full sheet of white cardstock and if you own a Silhouette Cameo or Silhouette Portrait or other digital cutter you can cut out the journaling cards and journaling elements using their designer software. ( **Please note: You must have the Silhouette Designer Edition software upgrade to open pdfs in your Silhouette. There are several pdf to jpg converters online if your software just can’t open a pdf. You will have to spend some time creating the cutlines for the silhouette but this should make creating the cutfile and cutting it out a lot easier.)
- The most labor intensive (or time consuming) way is to print out the journaling cards or journaling elements on 65 lb. white cardstock and “fussy cut” out by hand, I have spaced the elements so that you can use a pair of good craft scissors or a slide paper trimmer to get a clean cut and handle the fussy cutting.
As usual these freebies are free for personal use, (check my TOU if you haven’t previously.) If you have been here before, you know the drill. If not, you might want to read the quick TOU below before you access the printable.
Some things you should know before downloading:
* Vintage Glam Studio printables are for PERSONAL USE ONLY.
*You may not re-sell, redistribute, or claim the original or derivative designs as your own.
*Please do not remove the watermark or modify the design in any way other than for your own Personal use.
*If you post this on the internet, please give credit to Vintage Glam Studio & link back to my blog (www.vintageglamstudio.com), so others can obtain the resources. Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook are great social media sharing platforms, it’s the sharing without a link back that can be a problem.
You can access the pdf file>>>> HERE. Or if you like, click on the picture below for the download.
Renee Hoffer says
Thank you! These are so cute–love the happy little penguins!
Dru Cortez says
Thanks…I am glad you like them…And I am happy to say I designed these myself…I keep working on developing my skills with this type of vector art illustration.
Dana M. says
What Talent!! ?. Doing some surfing, and ur prints caught my eye! SOO GENEROUS OF U to just give all ur Hard Work away free!! (I no people like me, who don’t have the time or clue where to begin) GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!
Dell Fagg says
Thanks ever so much for sharing your expertise, the downloads are really appreciated