This post may contain affiliate links. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
Happy Monday blog followers and visitors …and Happy Memorial Day! Just about the time I started providing my printables on this website, I have often suggested that you use Xyron sticker makers or even their tape runner to stick your planner stickers in your pretty planners. Xyron contacted me and provided this gorgeous Teresa Collins tape runner and I wanted to share my straightforward opinion about this product.
Here’s the Teresa Collins Mega Runner pictured with my Classic Happy Planner. I have to say from the outset that in the looks department, I give this tape runner an A+. I’m a fan of Teresa Collins scrapbooking designs and I like the quality she usually associates with her brand. I even own the Teresa Collin’s Fiskars crafting scissors, so I may be biased in that regard.
- Beautifully designed in fashion colors – the manufacturer also has one in pink
- Lightweight and not too bulky. Ergonimically designed. It has a soft handle that feels good to the touch.
- Has a latch that protects the tape from getting gummed up by dust and dirt. One of my favorite features, as I don’t like detachable caps because they tend to get lost.
- Body opens up to place refill cartridges very easily.
- Tape has a dot matrix pattern that goes down smoothly – refill cartridges are available in 1/4″ and 1/2″ tape sizes.
- Pricey, a little on the pricey side; however, you can buy the clear blue mega runner for a few dollars less and still have similar features.
- Pricey, refill cartridges. You might prefer economy or budget type tape runners for your crafting needs.
- May be too bulky even for small hands.
- The tape goes down smoothly but you have to practice the technique so that it will dispense properly.
- Not readily available in all stores. So, I would buy the tape runner and my refill cartridges on Amazon or Michael’s with a coupon.
*Update** = Promotion offer has closed.
In summary, considering all the pros of this product, I would definitely add it to my crafting stash. The fact that it is so well designed might outweigh it’s priceyness for many crafters.
After all that info about tape runners, I don’t want to leave you without something for you to decorate your Mini Happy Planner. So, I designed this coordinating black, white and dark gold planner stickers set for today’s Mini Happy Planner printable.
Here’s a sample of this set of planner stickers printed, on letter size, full sheet white heavy paper and printed with my Epson Artisan 810 printer. However, I do use full sheet white sticker label paper by DigiOrange when I want to cut these stickers in my Silhouette Cameo.
Also, if you are new to this site, I wanted to let you know that I have a board on Pinterest that you might want to follow that has several pins (ideas) by other planner designers, stationery, home office decor, office supplies and planner freebies that are mostly planner related, you can view that and/or follow here, Home Office | Planners & Stationery Favs.
How to Use this “Mini Happy Planner Stickers” Printable:
There are several ways you can use this printable to create your stickers and I have included a few in the following instructions:
1) The easiest way to use this printout is to print it out on a full sheet of white sticker paper and if you own a Silhouette Cameo or Silhouette Portrait or other digital cutter (i.e Cricut Explore) you can cut out the to-do lists or planner stickers using their designer software. ( **Please note: You must have the Silhouette Designer Edition software upgrade to open pdfs in your Silhouette. I also have redesigned the template so that the margins are within the “registration” area of your silhouette. You will have to spend some time creating the cutlines for the silhouette but this should make creating the cutfile a lot easier.)
2) Also another method, would be to use heavy bond printer paper or you can use 65 lb. white cardstock depending on how thick you want your sticker and then place adhesive via a snail tape runner or with a Xyron sticker tool or machine. ( see pic below for today’s featured product)
3) The most tedious (or time consuming) way is to print out the planner stickers on sticker paper and “fussy cut” out by hand, I have spaced the elements so that you can use a pair of good craft scissors to get a clean cut and handle the fussy cutting. Another handy tool to have for the straight cuts is a slide or rotary paper trimmer which will reduce cutting around the stickers.
Facts about the freebie:
- A set of 95+ planner stickers on an 8 1/2″ by 11″ pdf file.
- File size : 2.53MB
- These elements were created at 300 dpi, so your printing results should be very clear and sharp with a smooth lay down of the ink color. The preview pictures both on the blog and on Google are at 72 dpi, so you often can not see all the detail accurately or colors are sometimes distorted.
- Color scheme: black, white, gold, dark gold
- As usual these freebies are free for personal use, (check my TOU if you haven’t previously.) If you have been here before, you know the drill. If not, you might want to read the quick TOU below before you access the printable.
Some things you should know before downloading:
* Vintage Glam Studio printables are for PERSONAL USE ONLY.
*You MAY NOT RESELL, redistribute, or claim the original or derivative (redesigned from the original) designs as your own. Including using the derivative designs for free distribution.
*Please do not remove the watermark or modify the design in any way other than for your own Personal use.
*If you post this on the internet, please give credit to Vintage Glam Studio & link back to my blog (www.vintageglamstudio.com), so others can obtain the resources. Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook are great social media sharing platforms, it’s the sharing without a link back that can be a problem. If you use this printable on Instagram, tag me with #vintageglamstudio or @vintageglamstudio. Thanks!
You can access the printable here >>>Black & Gold Planner Stickers
All images in this printable are original illustrations by Vintage Glam Studio and under copyright with a few that are under commercial use licensing. Digital paper by Creative Market.